Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is that so? In that case, im not entirely worried. I always found myself thinking the vibration feature would take up a lot of energy though.
    I'll reserve judgement until i play with one.

Oh yeah, and did anyone see that FFVII demo for PS3? If not then i strongly recommend you check it out here. Its essentially the introduction scene of FFVII (originally an FMV), played using the PS3's realt-time graphics engine. Very impressive, and it could cue Square Enix to turn it into a full remake project (if it isnt already).

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, the wavebirds were awesome, if you didn't want a makeshift vibrator. The rumble function is pretty pointless really. By not including it, them battery will last for ages!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Cata, OCB: The problem is you still have to remember to recharge it, there's another thing at home you have to connect and take care of, and I like rumbling when properly done.

Moreover, I don't understand this tendency of making mobile things that aren't mobile by definition. You don't walk through your house while you play games. You don't run an errand while playing games. Gaming requires your attention, both hands, and to look at a screen with our limited vision; once you're in your usual playing spot it's really unlikely to want to move anywhere where the cord wouldn't go/would become a hassle. So it's really a waste of money in my eyes; with the long cords gamepads have, there's even less of a reason to get wireless gamepads than there's to get wireless keyboard and mice.

Finally, batteries will shorten the life of pretty much anything, which is the other thing vendors want. Today's gamepads are too good: if you take good care of them, they can last 10 years or more. Not a good business. Batteries are a 1-3 years time bomb that will guarantee new sales.

The next step: wireless WC! You can flush your WC from anywhere in your home. Are you watching TV and you suddenly remember you forgot to flush the WC? Do it with the Wireless WC Control?. Don't forget to charge the WC control every week, if you don't, your house will smell like shit. Use this special WC control recharger. Make sure its battery is low before charging, or you'll shorten its life. If you have any problems flushing the WC, try moving around. Do you see what I mean?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wires are a pain, especially when the alternative works just as well.

And I've only gone through 1 wave bird, and that was on account of a friend throwing it down. I've gone through countless regular GCN and DC controllers. The only controller that I still own from my platform's release that works well is my PS2s. Others get worn outt too easily, especially GCN's buttons for melee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also disagree in the Wireless controllers, they maybe somewhat annoying, but at least, they won't leave you alone when the bateries were finished. not obstant, what comes to my mind now are the TV remote controllers, and to tell the truth, TV's aren't that pain in the ass. Not obstant, is not the same at all, a TV remote is not used in the same way as a console controller, so, i still prefer a wire controller than a wireless.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But more importantly, anyone seen the trailers for the games yet? Im particularly impressed with Gran Turismo Vision, FFVII: Tech Demo, and Fifth Phantom Saga (by Sonic Team/Yuji Naka). They all look incredible on the graphical level
    Of course, while nothing has truly been shown yet, im also looking forward to Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Should be interesting where they take these.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Melfice: By "USB 2.0 (wired)" they mean the "stuff with wires", as in "non-wireless".

I'd have made two versions of the specs, like:

*Geeks read this*
    - I/O: USB 2.0, Front x 4, Rear x 2w
    - Blu-ray Disc: PLAYSTATION 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

*Computer illiterate/mentally challenged people read this*
    - Wires and stuff (this makes it work)
    - New discs with more megahertz in them (note: we mean kewler)

etc

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 17, 2005 12:42 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yoichi Wada said himself at the end of the SE presentaion at the Sony Press conference, SE is not remaking FFVII. Trust me I flipped as soon as I saw the lifestream.

Onto Wireless controllers: PS3's wireless controllers are going to be better interms of connectivity using bluetooth instead of microsoft's infared method. WC are the shit. Shut your mouths for those who disagree because they pwn you. I just like having my cord attached and not having to worry about batteries.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, that FFVII demo is just like the FFVI one they did for the N64 (before deciding to go down the Playstation route with FFVII). Just eye-candy to tease the fans. Regardless, it was all very impressive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast